With electrical power consumption growing continuously worldwide, Transmission and Distribution networks are faced with increasing congestion management, overloading, bottlenecks, seasonal peeks of demand and even costly blackouts. It is therefore becoming essential to upgrade the existing network and/or to expand it with new lines to improve the reliability.
Infrastructure reliability and grid interconnectability are now seen as the keys to a sustainable supply of electrical power.
Refurbishment and upgrade of existing lines
Nexans can offer these key deliverables:
- a wide range of conductors for all network configurations, made-to-order, made to measure, and produced locally
- new conductors that can deliver higher ampacity allowing better adaptation to seasonal peeks,
- operate safely at higher temperatures, without straining towers and pylons, or generating dangerous sag,
- subsea HV DC cable, like the subsea Cook Strait cable that connects New Zealands national Grid from South to North.
To respond to growing demand and provide uninterrupted power to customers, networks need to accommodate energy from any source, including peaker plants, hydro-electric transfer, fuel cells, or wind farms.
Centralized generation and control need to give way to distributed generation and intelligence so that power can be exchanged on the open commodity market.
You must be certain that electricity is delivered reliably, meaning no cuts, breakdowns, cascading failures or blackouts, and without frequency variations or quality fluctuations.
- You want to reduce equipment failure and decrease the quantity and duration of faults and outages. Safety implies quickly spotting overheating to prevent lines from sagging onto trees, or freezing rain which can lead to ice accretion and power failure.
- You need to discourage energy theft, a major threat to infrastructure, service and profitability.
- You want to fully control substation operations and assure the integrity of your client lists and the security of data.
Because your customers are environmentally sensitive, you need to reassure them that buried and overhead lines are safe, and generate minimum losses and CO2, with low Electro-magnetic Interference (EMI).
- Your network should allow interaction with electric vehicles, clean energy generation, and user-friendly consumption for customers.
- When networks are upgraded, obsolescent cables must be removed with no damage to urban areas or natural habitats, and materials recycled safely and efficiently.
A range of solutions at your fingertips
Select your country to find our products and solutions
Impossible de trouver le produit correspondant
Veuillez réessayer avec une autre référence