ScopeConverter station upgrade
In 2011 Nexans New Zealand won the rights to supply the upgrade cables for the HVDC North and South converter stations at Benmore (South) and Haywards (North).
The project spanned over a year, and required a high level of project management to achieve a successful outcome. In addition to sales and manufacturing capabilities, the project required technical consultancy, warehousing and logistics solutions.
A mix of low voltage and medium voltage cables were required for the project. Due to the nature of the plant, a lot of the cables supplied had to be copper taped or screened or steel wire armoured.
Nexans' Key Success Factors
- Broad suite of products
- Design to manufacture specialist cables
- Made to order lengths
- Special drum markings
- Site delivery and logistics to an exacting schedule
- High level of project management required: each converter station was managed by a dedicated PM as a separate project
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories