VAROLEX® Variable Speed Drive Cables
Fixed Cu conductors, XLPE insulation, laid up with three earths disposed in the interstices of the power cores, PVC bedding, Collective Cu tape screen, Black PVC sheath. 0.6/1 kV. Made to AS/NZS 5000.1.
StandardsNational : AS/NZS 5000.1
Varolex is a range of copper tape screened cables designed to significantly reduce interferences from electrical noise, particularly in Variable Speed Drive (VSD) applications.
- For 2.5 mm², split earth not feasible, therefore a single earth conductor is utilised.
- Conductors are circular stranded, sizes 16mm² and above are compact circular stranded.
|Material of bedding||PVC filler|
|Rated Voltage Uo/U (Um)||0.6/ 1 (1.2) kV|
|Maximum operating temperature||90°C|
|See all products|
Products and services
Docs and info
No. of Cores
RD, WH, BU, GNYE
Current carrying capacities three phase (in Amps) - Varolex, VSD Three Core Plus Earth
- Copper conductor
- Circular stranded up to 10 mm², compact circular stranded 16 mm ² and above
- Insulation XLPE
- Max. Conductor Temperature 90⁰C
- Air Spaced from Surface, Unenclosed
- Air touching, unenclosed
- Air enclosed
- Buried direct
- Buried in single-way duct
- Cable surrounded by thermal insulation, unenclosed
© Copyright Standards New Zealand 2012.
Content in this table and the typical New Zealand installation conditions are derived from AS/NZS 3008.1.2:2010 and has been reproduced or adapted with permission from Standards New Zealand under Copyright Licence 000926. Please refer to the complete Standard for full details available for purchase from Standards New Zealand at www.standards.co.nz.
The values are for typical New Zealand installation conditions of:
- Ambient Air Temperature: 30°C
- Soil Temperature: 15°C
- Soil Thermal Resistivity: 1.2 K.m/W
- Depth of Burial: 0.5 m